Pin It Now! I saw this post over at Family and Life in Las Vegas and thought it would be fun to join in. I love traveling and have made numerous road trips across the country. Plus, with all the competitive swimming I did when I was younger (started year round when I was 10 and swam through college) I have been quite a few places. So, here is my map of the states I have been to...
I'm only missing 12, not to bad I think. Now for the hard part of the post, my favorite places. That is so tough because there are so many amazing and wonderful cities in the US, it's hard to narrow it down to the best.
1. New York City- I went to college in New York City (Queens actually) and it holds a special place in my heart. I loved to go into the city each weekend and just explore, there was always something new to find and check out; Greenwich Village, Chinatown, SoHo, the West Village, MoMa, the Met, the Guggenheim, Time Square, I could go on and on.
2. Chicago- Another amazing city not too far from where I live now. Eric and I have both gone on work trips to the windy city and I have several family members who have lived there. I love the atmosphere of Chicago, one of the best places to be on a warm, beautiful spring day. They also have so many great places to go, Shedd Aquarium, the Field Museum, Navy Pier, Oak Park (love Frank Lloyd Wright), Art Institute of Chicago, and who can forget the incredible shopping along the Magnificent Mile!
3. Honolulu- What a truly incredible location! I was fortunate enough to get to go to Honolulu one year over Christmas break and even got to spend New Year's there. It was so wonderful to get to escape the cold weather of the midwest (they had a huge snowstorm back home while I was there) for the gorgeous beaches and perfect weather of Honolulu. It was so relaxing and was a wonderful vacation. Definitely someplace I want to go back and visit again!
4. Sanibel Island, FL- Another amazing beach destination! It's the seashell capital of the world and it does not disappoint, I have never seen so many shells in my life. I also love how development of the island has been restricted and so much of it has been preserved as wildlife refuges. My in-laws have a condo there and I can not wait to take Avery and the new baby (hopefully next summer).
5. San Francisco- I've only been there once as a teenager but it still is one of my favorite cities. The hillside streets and picturesque neighborhoods all overlooking the large beautiful bay. From the cable cars to Fisherman's Wharf to the Golden Gate Bridge, it's such a great city to explore!
Where have you been? What are your favorite cities? Create your own map here.
If I die tomorrow
1 day ago