Friday, September 7, 2012

Autumn Scavenger Hunt For Toddlers and Pre-Schoolers

Pin It Now!
Last year with our mom group we went on an Autumn Walk.  I made a scavenger hunt with pictures for the kids to make it a little more fun for them.  It was geared towards 2 and 3 year olds but I'm sure kids older and younger could use it, too.  Everyone brought a little bag for collecting items and I took a bunch of clipboards and crayons for marking items off the list. Everyone loved it!



The day after the Autumn walk Avery and I used the items she collected to make an Autumn Window Hanging like this one.  I don't have any pictures of it (the walk was during the time that I wasn't blogging a whole lot since Parker was so little and we were still adjusting) but it turned out really cute and we loved looking at it all Autumn long!  We have another Autumn Walk on the calendar for this year and I am planning on taking the scavenger hunt again!  Hope it's a hit!  

18 comments:

  1. This is brilliant. I have pinned it so i don't forget it. We are going on a walk in the woods tomorrow, I'm going to print this off - not that Goblin needs an excuse to go exploring in the woods. But I just love this celebration of autumn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super idea - we are doing our Fall unit in a few weeks and this will be perfect! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! This sounds like so much fun. I am pinning this for later.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love scavenger hunts and this looks like one my kids would enjoy. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute idea! I would like to try checklists with my three year old.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great scavenger hunt, we love scavenger hunts, such an easy way to play! Thanks for linking to the outdoor play party.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My kids will love this! Thanks for sharing with Learning Laboratory at Mama Smiles =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am one of the hosts of the Weekly Kid's Co-op. I love this post and will be sharing it tomorrow on the link-up as one of my Top 3 picks from last week. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw I love this! Thank you for sharing with The Sunday Showcase.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The scavenger hunt looks great! I just found it through the co-op on OnePerfectDay. I was hoping to make a similar one for my son's 4th birthday party in October...

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is brilliant! I've featured it on The Sunday Showcase: http://www.herecomethegirlsblog.com/2012/09/15/the-sunday-showcase-autumn-inspiration.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. How can I download it to be able to print it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should be able to right click on it and then select "save as". Hope that works!

      Delete
  13. Thank you for sharing
    tounsi-cool.net

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a good idea. I am also a teacher turned stay at home mom. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice! A scavenger hunt is a great opportunity to teach toddlers of things like the objects they usually see during autumn. I know it’s hard to keep their attention on an object or an activity, but I have not encountered an activity which did not leave a child occupied for some time. When is the next Autumn walk again? ;)

    Rosalinda ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you so much for sharing this awesome scavenger hunt. We used this for our Turkey Talk and Trot’s Trot Scavenger Hunt at the Park meetup with our playgroup. This scavenger hunt was perfect for our little ones since most of them are not readers yet the pictures helped immensely.
    Here is a link to the fun we had thanks in part to the scavenger hunt you shared.
    http://momonthegoinholytoledo.com/2012/11/25/turkey-talk-and-tots-trot-scavenger-hunt-at-the-park/
    Hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete