Monday, March 14, 2011

Pregnancy Randomness

Pin It Now! Well, I'm now 17 weeks pregnant (18 on Wednesday) and I can't believe how quickly it's going by.  When I was pregnant with Avery it seemed to go by so slowly, such a difference.  Here is just a bunch of random pregnancy stuff:


- In the last week or so I really seem to have popped, at least in my eyes.  I definitely have a little belly and on Friday I wore maternity pants for the first time (my regular jeans still fit but they just aren't comfortable, they ride kind of low and are a little snug).  Still haven't worn a maternity top but I have stopped wearing several of my regular ones that just don't look right anymore.  


- I've gained about 7 pounds so far, which is a lot less than with Avery.  At this point with her I'd gained almost 20 (I know, I gained a ton first trimester).  I'm pretty happy it and so is my doctor.  


- I pulled out my body pillow and it has made sleeping so much more comfortable.  I love it!!  Not sure Eric feels the same way, it does take up quite a bit of the bed.


- Avery is really getting into the whole baby thing and it's so cute.  If I ask her where the baby is, she'll come over and point at my belly and say "baby."  She then proceeds to give my belly a kiss and then cuddle with the baby as she says "ahhhhh" (which she always says when she cuddles or gives hugs).  I love it and hope that it helps he transition to the baby's arrival.  


- The nausea has completely gone away finally.  Yay!!!!  It's so nice to to feel sick any more!


- I was pregnant with Avery I could tell you exactly how big she was suppose to be during that week and what was developing.  I was constantly looking a pregnancy websites and forum.  Not this time, I just don't have time for it during the day.  And when Avery is asleep I am spending time with Eric, cleaning the house, blogging, or doing stuff for tot school.  It's weird and makes me feel bad sometimes but I guess that's just life. 


- No real cravings or food aversions, but I didn't have too many with Avery either.  I still find I am eating smaller meals more often though, even though I'm not nauseous anymore.  At night my favorite snack is a trail mix I made, cashews, dried cherries, sunflower seeds, and a couple M&Ms thrown in there.  It's yummy!!!!


- I haven't felt any kicks yet but I am definitely feeling some movement, it's more like a swoosh (hard to describe, kind of a moving pressure) than a tap.  I especially notice it when I am laying on my back.  It's one of my favorite things about pregnancy, there's just nothing like it!!


Can't really think of anything else right now.  Things are moving along smoothly but I know we are going to have a lot to do in the next few months (luckily not as much as the first time around though). 

3 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about the time flying! With Nate, by the time I was 20 weeks pregnant, I felt as if I had been pregnant forever! Now I'm 21 weeks along and almost hoping time slows down a bit.

    You should be finding out the gender in a few weeks, right? Are you going to find out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have our next ultrasound on April 6th, I'll be about 21 weeks. We are definitely finding out the sex, I'm such a planner that I really want to know. Plus my father-in-law is an ob and will be coming to one of the ultrasounds, and since all he'll have to do is look at it and know what it is we figure we might as well find out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just realized you are expecting!!
    Congrats!!
    Have a happy day

    ReplyDelete