Friday, March 11, 2011

Let the Weaning Begin

Pin It Now! First off, thanks so much to all of you who commented on my post about breastfeeding and pregnancy.  It's so great having everyone's advice and support and getting to hear all of your weaning stories.  Thanks again, you all are the best!!


So, I'm sure you can tell from the title of this post, we have decided to start weaning.  We are about 4 days in and it is going well.  We started with the bedtime feeding.  We decided on this one because it is the only one that Eric is consistently home for and he's already done it on his own quite often (if I have a girl's night or something and I'm not home for bedtime).  The first 2 night she was a little upset, calling out for me and asking to nurse but it's getting better and better.  Plus, I think Eric really likes getting to cuddle with her, read her books, and put her down.  It's so sweet!!


This weekend we plan on dropping another feeding but I'm not sure which, I'll have to see what Eric thinks.  I'm thinking it should be one of the wake up feedings and I'm leaning toward the morning one (it's the more inconsistent of the two, sometimes she wakes up and just wants to eat breakfast).  


I have to say, even just dropping one feeding has made quite a difference.  I am still sore but not nearly as much.  It's no longer that toe curling kind of pain, yay!!!  Hopefully it will get better and better but I don't expect it to go away completely since I am pregnant after all (I was pretty sore throughout my whole pregnancy with Avery).  


Thanks again for all your help and support!  

3 comments:

  1. It might help to drop the wake up feedings if you bring in a special sippy cup or water bottle cup that maybe has a favorite animal or character of hers filled with milk/water/juice. Good Luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the idea!! We dropped it this morning but Eric got up with her and let me sleep in so we didn't have to worry about it as much. She asked him right away to eat and that proved to be enough of a distraction. But I know tomorrow when I get up and Eric sleeps in, the first thing she'll ask me for is to nurse. So I'm definitely going to try to favorite sippy cup idea! Thanks so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The last one we dropped was the middle of the night feeding. I remember being a tad bit sad the night I decided that was my last night.... but worth have my boobs back. haha Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete