Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Spring/Easter Sensory Tub

Pin It Now!

It's a new month so it's time for a new sensory tub.  For this month I decided to go with spring and Easter.  



The window gel clings are on the outside of the tub (I know I saw this on another blog but I can't remember where it was.  Sorry for not linking to you but if it was you and you let me know, I'd be happy to link it back)


Contents:
green, pink, and purple easter grass (Dollar Store)
stuffed animal bunny (Dollar Store)
bendy bunnies (Dollar Store)
Easter cup (Target)
fake flowers (Hobby Lobby)
faceted Easter eggs (Target dollar section)
chick Easter egg (Target dollar section)
egg shaped spiny balls (Target dollar section)
jewel flowers and flattened marbles (came in a set from Hobby Lobby)
erasers (Dollar Store)
fluffy chicks (Hobby Lobby)
spring window gel clings (Dollar Store)


This has been a huge hit in our house, Avery loves it!  I'm thinking it might evolve over the month but I'm not sure yet.  If it does I will let you know what I take away and/or add to it.  It's only my second one so I'm still just figuring it out.  
Sorting out the flowers and dropping them in the cup
Opening and closing the egg and putting things inside it
Checking out the grass
I put the little balls inside the blue egg, erasers inside the yellow, and some flower jewels and flattened marbles inside the pink.  Avery had the best time shaking them and listening to the different sounds they made.
Shake, shake, shake!!!

It took her a while to notice the window gel clings but when she did they became her favorite thing!  She decided to take them all around the house and figure out what else they could stick too.  










8 comments:

  1. I love these sensory tub idea! I really have to make one up and see what Malachi thinks of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need to work on a tub! Although I can already see everything in said tub thrown from one end of the room to the other.

    Looks like fun though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great new sensory tub!! I love it!

    http://oklahomahomemaker.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. We did the same exact theme for this month too! Ours look very similar. :) Except it looks your Dollar Tree was stocked with a few better things than ours.

    This was our first time doing one and the girls LOVE it! But I do have to watch them. And when they get crazy and the grass starts flying, the tub goes away till tomorrow. :)

    Love the idea of putting different objects in the eggs to make different sounds. Actually I just saw this idea on another site. But I didn't think of using my sensory bins items! Thanks so much for sharing.

    I'd love to know how you change it because we are probably keeping ours for a month too but I don't want the girls getting bored.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I love all your creative ideas Liz. The Easter eggs are a favorite at our house...in fact, we've had them out all year long because my little boy still enjoys opening them and closing them. You've inspired me to start shopping for grass and some spring like surprises to put in the eggs--how fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a cute idea! I should do this for a fun twist on my son's therapy (he has Autism and SPD). Your daughter is beautiful! Congrats on another girl, I hope our next one is a she! =)
    I'm a new follower, come say hi @ ModernMomRedefined.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Newest GFC follower and subscribe to your emails

    http://40plussinglebbw.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Saw your sensory bin over at ABC123. Great job! Looks like tons of fun in your home! Enjoy!

    Kerri

    ReplyDelete