Thursday, April 7, 2011

It's a....

Pin It Now! We had our big doctor's appointment yesterday!  Up until the past week it hadn't really bothered me not knowing the sex of the baby, but the last week it has been driving me nuts, not sure why but it has.  I didn't really care whether it was a boy or a girl.  I saw perks to both.  A boy... it would be great to have one of each.  A girl... it would be great for Avery to have a sister (my sister and I are really close and I know what a special bond it is).  

So we get into the ultrasound and she starts taking all the measurements, checking out the head area first.  We eventually move down and what do you know, the baby is not cooperating, legs crossed and can't get a perk no matter the direction.   Of course!!  We proceed to take the rest of the measurements and hope that it eventually changes positions so we can get a look.  We finish up and, yes the baby has moved.  But no, we still can't get a clear look.  I have to roll back and forth, still nothing.  I get up and walk around the room.  Nope, no good.  I get up and move again, this time jumping up and down a little and kind of poking my belly.  This time it finally moves and we get a nice clear view...


Yep, Avery is going to have a baby sister!!!  We are so excited!  Luckily Avery's birthday and this baby's birthday's are pretty close together so hopefully we won't have to buy too many new clothes.  Yay!  Of course that didn't stop my mom from already buying her a brand new outfit.  : )

The rest of the appointment went great.  All the measurements were perfect and she had a nice strong heart beat of about 155 (I never get tired of getting to hear it).  They said the baby is about 15 ounces right now, so just under a pound.  I can't believe she's already that big!  We have about 19 weeks left and so much to do (thankfully not as much as the first time around though).  Can't wait to finally meet her!

10 comments:

  1. That's awesome! Doesn't the time seem to be flying by this time around!?! Congratulations again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! We are having our second boy in June and it was so exciting to find out. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Congratulations! So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yaaay!!! They will be best of friends! So excited for you and your family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray! Congrats to you and your family! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! I was going to ask you last night but I forgot. I'm glad you posted it. Avery will LOVE having a little sister!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah!!! Congratulations!! :) I'm glad you didn't have to wait to see the sex. I had a friend who had to wait twice!! She was going nuts!!

    Heather From and Mommy Only Has 2 Hands!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats!!!! So excited for Avery to have a sister!

    ReplyDelete