Monday, August 30, 2010

Bad Planning Leads to a Delicious Dinner

Pin It Now! Friday night I had planned on making a glazed ham with scalloped potatoes, one of my favorite comfort meals.  However, I got busy and completely forgot to start the scalloped potatoes on time.  So I ran out to the garden and saw that I had some fresh thyme and rosemary.  An idea came to me... potatoes with herbs and onions (since I had the onion anyway for the scalloped potatoes).  It was delicious and went great with the glazed ham.  Here's what I did...


4 medium potatoes cut into 1/2 in pieces
1/2 onion diced (about 1/4 cup)
2 Tbsp chopped rosemary
2 Tbsp chopped thyme
2 Tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper


Preheat oven to 450.  Once everything is prepped and ready to go, put potatoes in a bowl and toss with the rest of the ingredients.  Put them onto a greased cookie sheet and bake for 25 minutes.  Then broil for 5 minutes at the end to get them nice and brown and crisp.  


The glaze I used on the ham was so good too.  It was orange juice, brown sugar, and dry mustard.  


I wish I had taken pictures to add to this post but I didn't think of it at the time.  I'll have to do that next time!  Everything was so yummy though and as a bonus, it made the house smell incredible!  : )

2 comments:

  1. I love making potatoes with different variations too! So great having the real thing. Hope you have a great week!
    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jill! Potatoes are one of my favorite sides! Hope you have a great week too!

    ReplyDelete